Wednesday 29 October 2008

Sculpture by the Sea

Despite the crowds, with a very long lens and a bit of patience it was possible to get some decent shots.

I don't pretend to understand modern art and a lot of it I don't like but there were several pieces exhibited at Sculpture by the Sea that I really liked. This is one of them, there's something very peaceful about it:

Steinunn Thorarinsdottir, Iceland
Presence
Materials: aluminium
Dimensions: 81cm x 50 cm x 75 cm
Artist's Statement: Look and see.

Here's a close up.

4 comments:

Dina said...

This Presence really is special. Thanks for finding ways to get a clear and peaceful-looking shot.

Anonymous said...

I wish we had more of this sculptures in Malaysia but I cannot help imagining how badly they'll be vandalized!

Unknown said...

Very nice composition on the 1st shot!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I am with you, some modern art leaves me cold, but others strir the soul. Baeutifully taken, your patience paid off.