Monday 12 July 2010

New Toy

I've been getting increasingly dissatisfied with my baby Olympus p&s and have hardly used it for the last few months. Problem is, the DSLR is too heavy for every day use. So I've been thinking about replacing the p&s. Had been looking at the Canon G11 but, although its a terrific camera, its not handbag size and I couldn't see the point of getting it when I have an SLR. Then I started reading about the S90 which sounded very, very interesting - a pocket camera with full manual operation and the ability to shoot in raw. Its also a very good low light camera. Then I saw the magic word - SALE. I've had it for just over a week and so far I'm really happy with it. It doesn't have as big a zoom as the little Olympus but I can live with that. As an everyday handbag camera and a backup for the SLR its terrific. All this week's photos are taken with the S90 (except this one, of course).

I've also finally worked out how to put a border on a photo.

8 comments:

Bill said...

I am sure you'll be very happy with this little camera. Diane and i have a Sony Cybershot besides the Canon SLR, the Cybershot camera is usually in someone's pocket for 'just in case' reasons.

Stefan Jansson said...

Always great to have an extra camera, this looks like an interesting point&shoot.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I bought this for myself for Christmas to back up my Nikon DSLR. I chose it for the size as well. I never travel without it in my handbag!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

PS You might be interested in this custom grip. I have one for mine and I'm so glad I bought it.

http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_s90

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Sorry, should have provided a better link.

http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/s90.html

Bruce Caspersonn said...

Thanks for that, Ann. I like to hear what people think of their cameras.
I wouldn't be without my Lumix, it's shockproof, waterproof and dustproof. Apparently you can play football with it.
If only I had had it all my life.

Dina said...

It's a beauty. Even black like the "real" (i.e. old) cameras were.
Have fun with it, Ann.

Anonymous said...

That is helpful article. I read about Sydney as well at http://famoussites.blogspot.com/2010/07/sydney-australia.html