Thursday 11 September 2008

Forbidden

These are the photos I wasn't supposed to take. They are of the lift well in yesterday's skyscraper - Deutsche Bank Place. The lifts run on the outside of the metal framework which stretches way, way up into the distance and is backed by glass. You can see two of them to the left of the top photo. I'd taken one shot when the security guard approached me and told me it wasn't allowed. I expressed disappointment and told him how impressive I thought it was and he grinned and said "if I turn my back, I won't see you, will I" and I quickly took another shot.

9 comments:

Julie said...

You cajoler, you! It sure is a nifty lift.

What's the view like from the top?

Ann said...

Unfortunately I didn't go into the building, I just took a look inside as I walked past on my way back from somewhere else.

Dina said...

Way to go, Ann! You have the courage and chutspah of a true photographer-blogger.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Good for you and good to him. A sensible man. He's obviously not a littl jobsworth like those in the UK. Well worth defying the rules. Wonderful upshots.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Hope you don't get the chap into trouble but gud-on-ya-gal!

Sally said...

More and more of this happening. I've been stopped in two buildings (Kinokuniya Books where I was taking photos OUT the window!) and 1 Circular Quay. **sigh**. Your polite approach seemed to work well!

Danial Bigham said...

oh.my head is dizzy.

Stefan Jansson said...

Is there some law against the use of cameras there? A local power plant was open for visitors yesterday. They said no cameras inside, but as I kept on arguing, I was told that I could come back for a private tour and be able to take photos!

Ming the Merciless said...

HA! Sometimes, it's easier to say I'm sorry than to ask for permission first.